I use a self-contained install of Lytebox so that it is easy to install and all the files it uses are within a single directory structure.
How I build this is described below:
- Download lytebox zip file (Lytebox_v3.2.zip for example)
- Extract zip to website. Should create a directory called Lytebox_v.3.2)
- Rename directory to lytebox
- Either rename the Lytebox_v3.2 to lytebox or
- symbolic link the Lytebox_v3.2 to lytebox (ln -s Lytebox_v3.2 lytebox). This allows you to use different versions
- Modify lytebox.css file in the lytebox directory so that all references to images are changed to /lytebox/images
When complete, everything will be located in the lytebox directory and you can tar or zip it up and easily install it on other sites. I've installed it on 30+ sites from the first converted installation.