Boltwire Tips and Tricks
Informational tidbits to help with learning the Boltwire Wiki
Reset page counters
Delete the file info.pagecount and all the page counts will be returned to 0. The system will recreate the file.
OR... if you want to change a value, edit the file and change the page info you want to update and save it.
Boltwire Engine Upgrade
Steps that I use to upgrade the Boltwire engine on an existing site.
- First backup the original virtual hosts so that if the upgrade goes bad, I can recover back to where I was before... In this case, I do a ZFS snapshot as it is instant and easy to restore from.
- Change to my source directory. In this case, it would be:
- Obtain the current version from the Boltwire site. (Example v3.3.5)
wget http://www.boltwire.com/files/boltwire3.3.5.zip .
- Create a directory to hold the unzipmkdir 3.3.5
- Unzip the source
- Now update the virtual hosts that are using the softwarecp -r boltwire /www/vhosts/site1
cp -r boltwire /www/vhosts/site2